Current European research shows that a flexible approach to learning is favoured by a growing number of students who need to fit working life within the framework of learning new skills; in addition, older members of the workforce wish to engage in life long learning. For many people full-time attendance at a local training organisation is problematic due to disability, geographical location or working patterns. The aim of the project is to develop Educational Podcasting (audio/media broadcasting over the internet) to enable these learners to gain knowledge through part-time attendance whilst maintaining the personal support of a tutor.

The six partners, from Greece, Italy, Latvia, Romania, Poland and the UK have met regularly over the life of the project to develop the product, evaluate activities, plan tasks and resolve issues. In the second year of the project, trainees have also been involved in these meetings to ensure the successful piloting of the project. Effective communication between meetings has be ensured via e-mail, video conferencing, on-line meetings and a project blog.

The majority of the podcasts that are presented in this blog, have been developed by the students of the project which have enhanced their technological together with their cultural skills.

Communicate with us

If you want to contribute to the blog please send an email to euprograms@action.gr

Saturday 17 April 2010

Chris Gibbs - Personal Profile

Hello everyone, I would just like to say how happy I am to have the opportunity to be part of the Podcasting group. My name is Chris I‘m from England, I am currently studying software development at Park Lane College.

I have been interested in computers for quite a long time now and have experience in using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop,Visual Basic, Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint) and many more. Although podcasting is quite new at Park Lane College, I have experience in using the software and hardware we have been using as part of this qualification.

I have create and uploaded videos to websites such as YouTube using audio recording equipment, video recorders, screen capture software and video editng software such as Camtasia Studio, Audacity and Windows Movie Maker.

I have many interests and hobbies in England, one of them is playing my guitar. I havn’t been playing the guitar for long but am learning to play songs by the Shadows and Guns n’ Roses. Although I don’t have much work experience I do work with my uncle on a weekend and during college holidays.

I have just sent for my passport and hope to see you all in June. Until then I will keep up to date with the Blog. I have included a fairly recent picture of me below.

Chris.

This is me holding the first fish I caught, the first time I went fishing with my grandad :)

4 comments:

  1. Hello Chris,

    It is nice to get know something about you.
    I see you have got some IT experience - great!
    You should encourage the rest of your friends to publish their personal profile too.
    Btw, i guess that ID card is enough since we travel among EU countries. Don't worry then!
    See you in June! :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Chris, I hope that this fish is still alive :-)
    See you in Athens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    It's really good to read something more about you finally ;-)
    It's nice that you have lots of computer skills and you know some programmes. I think it will be very useful in our project.
    It's also good to know that you play guitar!
    I have always dreamed about it. I'm a little bit envious of it. ;))

    See you in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris

    It has been some time since you have been on the Blog. What are your plans for the Assignment Task: “Women in the workplace”. Are you planing to use Video, Audio or Written?

    ReplyDelete